The Arlington Baptist Church was started in the Pimlico section of Baltimore, Maryland in 1945. Pastor Peter Bisset began his ministry there in 1947 in the "little white house" which was the original parsonage. The church grew and eventually moved to its current location on Rolling Road. The planning began in 1964 by hiring an architect who prepared plans for submission to Baltimore County. Work began in 1965, and the first phase of the building, the main sanctuary, was completed in July 1968. The process continued in the following years with the addition of a 300-seat chapel, a multi-purpose room, buildings to house the school, an annex, an apartment building, a nursing home, and a cemetery.
God called Pastor Bisset home to Heaven in 1995. Over the past 20 years, several men have served as senior pastors at Arlington Baptist Church. Our current pastor, Dr. Mark Campbell, joined our family in March 2014. We are excited about what God is doing at Arlington under Pastor Campbell’s leadership.
For more than 70 years, Arlington Baptist Church has been proclaiming, and will continue to proclaim, the gospel of Jesus Christ and His love. The Church remains serious about preaching salvation to those who have never heard of the Lord and encouraging believers in their walk with the Lord.